Monday, May 10, 2010

Day 26: Plant Site Visit.... GPP A Kerteh!

Monday!! This the most exciting Monday since I've been training here at PGB. Mr. Azwanizam wants to bring me to visit the Gas Processing Plant (GPP) at Kerteh , Terengganu. Wow!! it is actually my 2nd visit to Terengganu and it is my 1st time trip to Kerteh. I heard, it is also called as kampung PETRONAS since there are numerous of plants under the name of PETRONAS.

For PGB (Petronas Gas Berhad), the plant is only on-land plant which is situated at Kerteh. My first thought before joining PGB, all plants are located in the middle of the sea..Offshore. Hurm.. Obviously, what i imagine is totally wrong.


Lets talk about GPP (Gas Processing Plant). GPP functions is to process the natural gas from the gas fields offshore of the East Coast of Peninsular Malaysia. There are actually overall 6 plants under PGB which is divided into two   location areas, A and B. So there are 2 plants locations which are GPP A at Kerteh, and GPP B at Paka. My visits is mainly focusing on GPP A. Inside GPP-A, there are 4 plants. and for GPP-B, there are 2 plants. Up to my concern, even though GPP-B only consists of 2 plants, the area of the location is approximately the same as GPP-A area.
 
The difference of GPP-A and GPP-B is only the operation of the plants. The Plants location was highly secured and there are a lot of procedures need to be followed. I have to wear appropriate outfits called "cover all"... a yellow colour of top and bottom attached clothes which a foreman usually wears. To be honest, it looks cool....but, only God knows how hot it is inside.... plus.... i am wearing an office wear, long sleeves and slacks...hahaha... Damn COOL MAN!! hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment